Become a Partner with the Most Innovative Materials Company on the Planet.Know More
You Save: AED. 120.00 (33%)
ABS-ESD is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind, We use premium quality ABS and then compound it with a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes – giving you a filament with excellent printability and...
ABS-ESD is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind, We use premium quality ABS and then compound it with a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes – giving you a filament with excellent printability and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of ABS Include:
- Durable and sturdy parts of every open source machine on the market
- It is Easy to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Better thermal properties than PLA or PETG
- Easy solution for prototyping or end-use parts among both industry engineers and hobbyists alike
Benefits of ABS-ESD Include:
- It Gives Consistent surface resistivity
- Retention of impact & elongation when compared with carbon fiber matrix
- It has Low particulate contamination
- It has minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical ABS-ESD Applications Include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Connectors & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for ABS-ESD:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3D Printing sample (made on a Funmat-HT 3d Printer) and tested the sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ABS-ESD filament works in your specific printer / application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your ABS-ESD part.
1.75mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: PEI-Sheet, Rough Borosilicate Glass with PVP gluestick , or high temp carbon fiber sheet plus PVP glue stick, we also recommend the Vision Miner Nano Polymer Adhesive.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Other: Increasing your extrusion multiplier up to 1.15 or even 1.2 and varying your fan speed between 50-100% may be necessary.
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our Carbide nozzles as carbon nano tubes are mildly abrasive.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.